Posts in category News
On the 3rd of February 2018, Prof. Ir. Dr. Nasrudin Abd. Rahim presented his study “Towards Cleaner Cities: Renewable Energy Motivations in Malaysia” at the 3rd International Workshop on Clean Energy Development in Asian Cities (Experiences from Asia and Latin America), which was held at Institute of Advanced Energy, Kyoto University, Japan.
Prof. Ir. Dr. Nasrudin has been appointed as the moderator in The National Clean Energy Forum that was held on 11th September 2017 at the Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, Bandar Sunway. The UMPEDAC director moderated the session “GLOBAL ENERGY TRENDS – IS THERE A REVOLUTION WAITING TO HAPPEN?”
The forum was organised by Asian Strategy and Leadership Institute (ASLI). It has brought energy industry stakeholders of all sectors together to share ideas and form new partnerships. This forum has provided an opportunity to discuss renewable energy in the country. The objectives of the forum:
- Learn about the latest trends and opportunities in the energy sector particularly in sustainable and clean energy.
- Effective ways to handle the ever-growing demand growth
- Network with industry leaders
- Be inspired by stimulating presentations and problem-solving panel discussions
- Benchmark your practices with the best and the most admired
- Be engaged with exciting new technologies to keep you motivated and inspired this year
- Hear first-hand information and learn from the best industry practitioners
- Learn more about the developments in the energy market through case studies
- Adapt to the ongoing uncertainty about regulations and legislations
- Mitigating environmental impact post Cop21 / Paris Agreement
- Impact of USA’s withdrawal from the Paris Agreement
Prof. Ir. Dr. Nasrudin, who is the chairman of Technical Committee of Performance of Household and Similar Electrical Appliances, has been invited as a speaker at the seminar on “Malaysian Standards for Household and Similar Electrical Appliances,” which was organized by Department of Standards Malaysia. The seminar was conducted on 13th of July 2017 at the Concorde Hotel in Shah Alam, Selangor.
The objectives of the seminar are:
- To promote the latest Malaysian standards on performance of household and similar electrical appliances
- To understand on Energy Efficiency Labelling Guidelines for performance of household and similar electrical appliances
- To enhance the competency of manufacturers to comply with the Malaysian standards and meet the requirements for testing purposes
- To provide information and experience on implementation on the Malaysian standards.