CALL FOR PAPERS
5-6 September 2018
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
DOWNLOAD: Call for Paper (updated)
We are pleased to announce that the 5th IET International Conference on Clean Energy and Technology (CEAT 2018) will be organized in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 5 – 6 September 2018. The CEAT 2018 is jointly organized with the 4th International Conference on Global Sustainability & Chemical Engineering (ICGSCE 2018).
The CEAT-ICGSCE 2018 aims to provide a premier academic platform for researchers from all around the world to present their latest research findings, ideas, developments and applications in the domain of interest. It also provides a unique interdisciplinary forum that can create potential collaboration and networking among the academics, engineers and researchers leading to a development of new technology and solutions for a greener future.
CEAT 2018 outlines various focus areas of clean energy system covering both fundamental and applied research from theoretical studies to technology development and real-world applications, including advocacy on clean energy. Each focus area of energy system is vital to foster a global green economy transformation that enables more efficient resources management, lower carbon emissions and the use of environmentally friendly technologies and solutions towards achieving sustainable development goals.
CEAT 2018 accepts original theoretical and applied papers on all aspects of clean energy and technology which include but are not limited to the following scopes:
- Renewable and Sustainable Energy
- Energy Conversion, Delivery and Storage
- Power System and Smart Grid
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Low Carbon Transport
- Low Carbon Buildings and Cities
- Energy Policy and Education
- Energy Efficiency
- Other Related Topics
Prospective authors are invited to submit full papers according to the scope of the conference and guidelines provided on the conference website: http://www.ceat-icgsce.com. Please check the conference website regularly for the latest updates. Please submit your paper through EDAS: https://edas.info/N24408
- Deadline for Full Paper Submission – 15 May 2018
- Notification of Acceptance – 1 July 2018
- Deadline for Early Bird Registration – 15 July 2018
- Deadline for Normal Registration – 31 July 2018
All accepted and presented papers in CEAT 2018 will be submitted to IET for publishing in IET Digital Library, Inspec and IEEE Xplore (subject to approval by the IEEE). Proceedings of the previous CEAT conferences (CET 2011, CEAT 2013, CEAT 2014 & CEAT 2016) have been included in IEEE Xplore. The CEAT 2018 proceedings will be provided in electronic format during registration at the conference venue.
|Participant||Early Bird||Normal Rate|
|Locals||RM 1400||RM 1600|
|International||USD 450||USD 500|
|IET/IEEE Malaysian Member/Student||RM 1200||RM 1400|
|IET/IEEE International Member/Student||USD 400||USD 450|
(Minimum: 3 people
Maximum: 5 people)
|Local: RM 1250
International: USD 320
|Listener||Local: RM 800
International: USD 210
Please send any enquiries on CEAT 2018 or other matters pertaining to attending the conference to:
Conference Secretariat (CEAT 2018)
UM Power Energy Dedicated Advanced Centre (UMPEDAC)
Level 4, Wisma R&D, University of Malaya
Jalan Pantai Baharu, 59990 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
On the 3rd of February 2018, Prof. Ir. Dr. Nasrudin Abd. Rahim presented his study “Towards Cleaner Cities: Renewable Energy Motivations in Malaysia” at the 3rd International Workshop on Clean Energy Development in Asian Cities (Experiences from Asia and Latin America), which was held at Institute of Advanced Energy, Kyoto University, Japan.
Prof. Ir. Dr. Nasrudin has been appointed as the moderator in The National Clean Energy Forum that was held on 11th September 2017 at the Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, Bandar Sunway. The UMPEDAC director moderated the session “GLOBAL ENERGY TRENDS – IS THERE A REVOLUTION WAITING TO HAPPEN?”
The forum was organised by Asian Strategy and Leadership Institute (ASLI). It has brought energy industry stakeholders of all sectors together to share ideas and form new partnerships. This forum has provided an opportunity to discuss renewable energy in the country. The objectives of the forum:
- Learn about the latest trends and opportunities in the energy sector particularly in sustainable and clean energy.
- Effective ways to handle the ever-growing demand growth
- Network with industry leaders
- Be inspired by stimulating presentations and problem-solving panel discussions
- Benchmark your practices with the best and the most admired
- Be engaged with exciting new technologies to keep you motivated and inspired this year
- Hear first-hand information and learn from the best industry practitioners
- Learn more about the developments in the energy market through case studies
- Adapt to the ongoing uncertainty about regulations and legislations
- Mitigating environmental impact post Cop21 / Paris Agreement
- Impact of USA’s withdrawal from the Paris Agreement
Prof. Ir. Dr. Nasrudin, who is the chairman of Technical Committee of Performance of Household and Similar Electrical Appliances, has been invited as a speaker at the seminar on “Malaysian Standards for Household and Similar Electrical Appliances,” which was organized by Department of Standards Malaysia. The seminar was conducted on 13th of July 2017 at the Concorde Hotel in Shah Alam, Selangor.
The objectives of the seminar are:
- To promote the latest Malaysian standards on performance of household and similar electrical appliances
- To understand on Energy Efficiency Labelling Guidelines for performance of household and similar electrical appliances
- To enhance the competency of manufacturers to comply with the Malaysian standards and meet the requirements for testing purposes
- To provide information and experience on implementation on the Malaysian standards.